Thursday 4 December 2014

Work Diary - Contrast 2

In this session, we went out to shoot contrast once again. As we had already done this shoot, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to come up with new ideas. However, I still managed to find new ways to  show contrast. Since I focused more on objects in the first shoot, I tried focusing more on the contrast that can be found in nature for this shoot. I also tried shooting more exciting pictures rather than just showing contrast through colour or size. I think I spent half of this session experimenting with the different ways I could show contrast. I was able to look at how the lighting from the sky would affect my pictures and what I could do to use the lighting in order to show off my pictures. I also experimented with different angles.

This picture is successful because contrast is shown in three different ways between the colour of the shoes. As the colours stand out from each other, a big difference is shown between the white, blue and black. The shoes also contrast with the ground as they stand out. The different colours around the image introduces variety and automatically makes it even more exciting. The element of patterns is also shown in the ground along with repetition. The laces on the shoes also create a pattern and shows contrast between the ground, moreover, the arrangements of the shoes also create another pattern, which adds to the picture and further adds to its excitement. I like how the shoes look brighter than the ground, the white shoes almost look as if they are glowing. This is due to the lighting of the Sun and the angle in which I took the picture, which has benefited me in showing a variety of different elements throughout the photograph.


This picture was not successful because it wasn't clear enough. I was trying to show the difference between land and water, and also show reflection but I did not achieved this. Maybe if I positioned my camera differently, I could have captured this scene better. I could have also taken this picture on a brighter day, when the distinction between the puddle and dry ground would be clearer and easier for me to highlight. Also, the leaves in this picture ruin it as it takes the attention away from what I am trying to achieve. I think that choosing a different angle, where the leaves could be avoided would have been better.



If I could do this again, I would like to use actors. I think this would bring my pictures to life and make it extremely interesting and exciting to look at. I could show contrast through their clothes as they can contrast to the background. Also, I could also show contrast through size.




No comments:

Post a Comment