Thursday 4 December 2014

Work Diary - Contrast (Studio Shoot) 2

For this session, I found it simple at first as I used my subjects to show contrast through hair, clothing, size, gender and distance. However, after a while, I found it hard to find new ways to show contrast. I tried experimenting with my subjects by making one sit down and the other one stand up to see what I could work with. I found this hard because I couldn't think of any other way to show contrast and my pictures were all really similar, even to the ones I took in the first studio contrast shoot we did. All I could do was experiment and see what else I could come up with.

I think this picture was successful because contrast is shown very clearly. The hair colours of my two subjects really stand out along with the clothing. The background helps me to show off the contrast between my two subjects, making them both stand out. I like how my two subjects each have completely different styles of fashion, this gives a viewer an idea of their personality and creates a relationship.


On the other hand, this picture wasn't very successful because I didn't put emphasis on the contrast. I could have manipulated the lighting to focus on one particular subject instead of both. Also, there are shadows on the background, which I should have avoided. Despite this, I quite like the facial expressions on my subject's face as this gives a more friendly feel to the picture.



If I had the chance to do this again, I would use props and make up to make my pictures more exciting. I wouldn't focus on the human faces as much but more on other parts of the body or objects. This will be fun to experiment with and it'll be interesting to see what I can come up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment