Thursday 11 December 2014

Work Diary - Walk One

For this session, we had to go off college campus and photograph the theme of Autumn. This was really fun and I absolutely enjoyed it. I could photograph whatever I wanted and could experiment with scenery outside the college. I didn't really take a lot of pictures at first because this was the first time I could photograph anything I wanted. However, I soon began to take a lot of pictures and I enjoyed experimenting with the different angles and the Autumn colours to get a good selection of pictures. 

Out of all the pictures I took, this one is my favourite. This is because it shows contrast, a sense of journey, colour and the theme of Autumn is emphasised - through both the colour and the leaves. I also like this picture because it gives off a chilly atmosphere, allowing me to feel the cold, crisp air of Autumn. Also, there is a leading line in this picture, almost inviting the viewer on this walk. The end of the path is cut off to create curiosity and a sense of adventure.


On the other hand, this picture wasn't very successful. The building in the background ruins the photograph, preventing the tree from standing out. I think I could have taken the picture at the different angle, one where the building would not be present. I think this picture didn't work out because the branches and the leaves blended in with the building. As the sky was completely white on this day, the tree would have really stood out if I took it at a different angle.



If we could do this session again, I would like to concentrate on leaves - mostly because in Autumn, leaves are falling off everywhere and the variety of colours found in leaves are really interesting. By concentrating on leaves and capturing the different colours, I'll be able to show Autumn through nature and the angles in which I can photograph the leaves are unlimited. 






I will also be able to show contrast while doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment