Monday 15 December 2014

Final Project Evaluation

We have now reached the end of this project and I am very happy with the work I have produced over the last three months. Looking through my blog, I am amazed at just how much work we have completed and just how my photography skills have developed in such a short time.

I have really enjoyed working on this project as I think it allowed me to see what works best for me. I was able to experiment with the angles and the lighting and find ways to manipulate them in order to take some good photographs. At first, I wasn't too sure about how I should take pictures to show certain formal elements but after a while, I became familiar with the different techniques that I could use. I became much more confident when going out to shoot pictures. I especially enjoy going out on walks because it's different to college campus and there are a lot more things I can photograph. The change of scenery allows me to take photograph of things that have not appeared in my work before. 

Although this project is over, I hope to spend more time in the studio during future projects. I spoke about this in my mid-project evaluation; our time in the studio is very limited because we had to make sure that everyone had a fair amount of time to get their pictures. I used the time we had to change up the lighting or the background so that I could achieve what I was trying to. In the future, I would very much like to use props and make up when in the studio. I think this will be really fun and interesting to work with. I would also like to try and replicate some of Terry Richardson's portraiture work - I really like his work and it would be really fun to look at his best pictures and see if I can use the techniques he uses.

Overall, this project has been exciting and has made me much more optimistic about when it comes to photography; I now know there is so much more to this subject that just going out and photographing things. My photography skills have improved immensely and I can see a big difference between my most recent work and my work from the very beginning of this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment