Thursday 23 October 2014

Work Diary - Photojoiner

This particular session was confusing yet interesting. Even after it was explained to us how photojoiner works, I was still unsure on how I was going to take photographs of scenes/objects/people in a way that would allow me to then put it together again. However, once I started talking pictures, I soon began to understand the concept of this and the techniques required in this topic. I found it fairly hard to work out how I was going to take pictures of an object/a scene so that it would look interesting when recreated on Photoshop. I still don't think I know how to do this but I think with a bit more practice and experimenting, it will become clear.

I think this picture turned out really good after I recreated it on Photoshop. It shows different angles of the scene and the Sun made some part of the picture darker than the others, which I think made the picture even more exciting, showing the scene on different times during the day. The sky is also in a couple of different colours; they are different shades of blue, which once again, shows the different times during the day and the different weather conditions in that day. I didn't put the pictures back exactly how it is in real life when I edited it on Photoshop because this would have made it boring and less attractive, the way I arranged the images introduces variety.



Although this picture is quite good, I still think it could be better. I should have zoomed in on the features on her face more and focused on one facial picture at a time, this would have given me more pictures to put together in Photoshop, making the picture bigger and more exciting. Also, unlike the picture above, I don't think this should consist of pictures that are dark and light; they should all have the same lighting so that it doesn't look odd.



If I could do this session again, I would take loads more pictures of the same person or object. I think this will give me more ways of putting the picture back together and more choices of how I want the picture to look.







I would like to take pictures of different people so it'd look more interesting and varied when I put the pictures together in Photoshop.




Also, I would like to use a bigger scene and make it look like a fish eye effect like in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment